Skip to main content

Aspiring to become an IAS officer : Case Study

10. You are aspiring to become an IAS officer and you have cleared various stages and now you have been selected for the personal interview. On the day of the interview, on the way to the venue you saw an accident where a mother and child who happen to be your relatives were badly injured. They needed immediate help. What would you have done in such a situation? Justify your action.
(250 Words) 20M

Ans.

  • In this case I am being in a dilemma that whether I should fulfil my personal interest i.e. appearing for IAS interview or to help the injured relatives that is my civic and moral duty.
  • As, I am aspiring to become a civil servant whose main function is to uphold public interest. A civil services aspirant has to imbibe the values of a civil servant before becoming a civil servant, and this is the time where I can follow the value of selflessness.
  • In this case, first I will call the ambulance and try to persuade the bystanders to help my relatives to take them to the hospital. Meanwhile, I will call my friends and other family members who can reach the hospital fast.
  • In this process, I will take care of the time which is consumed because I will have to appear for the interview as well.
  • I will go to the hospital with the injured relative if I have enough time but if not then I will persuade the good samaritan bystanders and the hospital officials in the ambulance to take care of them till the time my friends and other relatives reach the hospital.
  • I will not go to the hospital because my presence is not really needed because doctors will do their job and my friends will take care of situation.
  • As I have worked so hard for becoming an IAS officer and have given so much time to prepare for it, this is very crucial interview for my career and after becoming an IAS officer, I can work for the society as well.
  • HOwever, if the situation was such that it demands my presence then 1 would have left the interview or asked the UPSC administration for postponing the interview, because saving one life is more important than becoming an IAS officer.


Popular posts from this blog